EPN Tool Name – RSS

Welcome Forums Auction Request – Support EPN Tool Name – RSS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4442
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    When I log into my EPN account and look at transaction detail to view each attributed sale all of them show the RSS Feed as the tool. Is this correct? I ask because it seems as though my clicks are being tracked through the winwar plugin but earnings have tanked as I’ve changed the links over to the new version. Almost like the earnings aren’t being attributed to my account. Maybe I’m just paranoid but I want to make sure I haven’t screwed something up.

    #4444
    Rhys Wynne
    Keymaster

    Morning Jay,

    Sorry for the slight delay in getting back to you, I’ll let you know where we are upto with it.

    The feed uses tool 10039, I believe, which identifies as the RSS feed. So yes it does show RSS feed as the tool.

    We’re currently investigating if anything at our end has caused the earnings to drop off. I am fairly sure it hasn’t (link cloaking is pretty much a simple redirect). But we’ll let you know.

    #4447
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    OK, thanks Rhys! Was mainly concerned about the toolid being correct. If it’s supposed to be 10039 then it should be good. EPN earnings can be volatile so i’m probably just paranoid.

    #4448
    Rhys Wynne
    Keymaster

    We’re taking a look. We don’t expect anything to cause it (I’ve largely been on the same level, for what it’s worth), but if we spot anything I’ll let you know.

    #4449
    Rhys Wynne
    Keymaster

    Hi Jay,

    We may have spotted something.

    We’ve spotted a number of URLs from you that were malformed in some way, in that they had uid=Auc5efb0a61c6c0&, rather than uid=Auc5efb0a61c6c0& in them, which was causing errors on our end.

    How are you trying to display the site URLs?

    It may be that on some pages that these URLs are not displaying correctly. It doesn’t appear to be a plugin issue, but it’d be great to diagnose it!

    #4450
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    Hi Rhys,
    I don’t see a difference between the two uid’s. ?

    #4451
    Rhys Wynne
    Keymaster

    Bah, sorry. It didn’t display correctly.

    One had uid=Auc5efb0a61c6c0&amp

    Another had uid=Auc5efb0a61c6c0&

    You may want to do a search on your site for that one, as the ampersand is rendering incorrectly and throwing some errors.

    #4452
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    Do you know the last 4 digits of the campID? I have multiple sites.

    #4453
    Rhys Wynne
    Keymaster

    I’ll check.

    #4454
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    Also, just to clarify… that Auc UID isn’t what’s showing up on my url’s right? I assume that’s your default UID. It’s my UID with &amp that is showing up and causing problems?

    Also, can you check and see if my account is set to the paid version. I have a lot of clicks and 0 earnings for 7 days since I switched over one of my smaller sites to the new feed. It doesn’t earn a lot anyway but this last week looks anomalous. I know the free version utilizes your UID right and I would show clicks but no earnings?

    Sorry for the hassle but just seems like something isn’t right and I’ve checked everything multiple times.

    #4458
    Rhys Wynne
    Keymaster

    Hi Jay,

    For some reason you have links with & amp in them. The next character in that link is ;. What happens after that is that nothing else is being sent. I’m not sure which site is having the issues though, but it may be the site(s) that not generating any commissions.

    You definitely have the paid account. If you’re generating commissions from some sites, then you will be able to generate commissions from all your sites, we don’t switch it off by a site by site basis.

    #4459
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    OK, I think I found a few old urls. I used search/replace but it didn’t find them for some reason. The link generator generated those urls early on during testing and I thought I had replaced them all but there are a few left. I’ll fix them all today.
    Thanks Rhys!

    #4460
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    Also, is it the amp that causes the problem or the ; or both? It seems like when I use the shortcode block in wordpress it adds the & amp ; as an escape for the ‘&’ character or something. When I copy/paste the link into the shortcode box it’s fine. If I save the post – leave- and edit the post again it’s populated with & amp ;.

    Edit: ah, so even this forum is doing it. It converts & amp ; into & above. lol

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jay Todd.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jay Todd.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jay Todd.
    #4464
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    Ok, may have figured it out. Will check further.

    Edit: Nope. Fail.

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jay Todd.
    #4466
    Jay Todd
    Participant

    So, I generate the link from the link feed generator and I get this:

    …uid = Jay5ef3ae230606 & keyword…

    I then paste it into the shortcode block box in my WP post. I save the post. Then when I refresh the page the link converts itself to:

    …uid = Jay5ef3ae230606 & amp ; keyword…

    I thought that was just a browser rendering thing but apparently those characters are part of the URL that is sent to your server. Not sure how to fix that. It happens to the entire url not just my uid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.