My first talk ever was at Manchester WordPress User Group on an Introduction to SEO for WordPress. The plugin largely focused on Yoast’s WordPress SEO, and a few settings you probably missed when setting up the plugin. Also it encourages WordPress developers to think like SEO’s as well.
The talk also mentioned a few slides on how to speed up your site, which is an important ranking factor these days, as well as touching on Social and Theme Development.
Introduction to SEO for WordPress Presentation Slides
Feel free to share this presentation!
Links Mentioned In This Talk
- Yoast WordPress SEO – The only plugin I recommend when it comes to optimising your site for search engines in WordPress.
- How to Grow Your Blog to 100,000 Visits a Month Within 1.5 Years – Interesting case study on how to grow your blog using regular content as opposed to “quality” content. Publish & be damned!
- The Focus Keyword in WordPress SEO – a guide on how to use the much missued “Feature Keyword” feature in Yoast’s WordPress SEO.
- Create a Google+ Page For Your Business/Website – Could be useful!
- WP Super Cache – Easy plugin for caching, use this on all my own sites.
- W3 Total Cache – Advanced plugin for caching, handles a lot more, use on client’s site, trickier to set up but very powerful.
- Use Google Libraries – Properly deregister/re-register WordPress’ jQuery libraries to use Google’s CDN.
- Google Pagespeed Tools – Test your page speed & get recommendations for improvement.
- YSlow – Another page speed checker.
- Pingdom Website Speed Test – Another page speed checker. Highly recommended.
- SEO Doctor for Firefox – Tool for checking general SEO on your site. Useful for Theme Authors.
- Google Rich Text Snippet Tool – Use for testing if you have connected your profiles correctly.
If you have enjoyed my talks, feel free to subscribe to my mailing list. Whenever I announce new talks or plugins, they will be shared on there.
Powered by WP Email Capture
Also you can:-
- Follow us on Twitter @winwaruk, you can also tweet that you like this talk
- Like us on Facebook
- Or just drop us an email! We like reading them!